Yoga Instructor July 2017 – Present Back For Yoga
Teach and sub 85-minute classes that consist of Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative, and Power on a weekly basis at an intimate studio in El Segundo, CA.
- Determine appropriate level for each class and adapt sequence to meet the needs of long-time clients with a variety of injuries.
- Open and close studio during each teaching hour.
- Take payment and maintain class lists for each class taught.
- Clean and organize studio following classes and file all paperwork and receipts for each class
- Grow class size from 1-2 students per class to 8-10 students per class using social media and word of mouth.
Yoga Instructor March 2017 – May 2017 Shape Up Corporate Fitness
Teach hour-long Hatha style and Power Yoga classes to residents at luxury, high-rise, private, apartment buildings, including Austin’s Skyhouse and Azul, twice per week. Judge appropriate level for clientele, prep space either on rooftop or in gym, bring props and clean up following class. Grow class attendance by providing top quality service and experience.
Teach a Hatha style, power flow to YMCA members and non-members twice per week. This foundational class blends Hatha with isolated elements of Vinyasa flow pacing, such as Sun Salutations, in order to create greater awareness of breath and body. Students hold static postures and flow breath to movement to create a well-rounded and relaxing experience. All postures are initially introduced slowly and with attention to alignment to ensure safety during flow and ways to modify.
- Responsible for judging the appropriate intensity level for all participants, and providing modifications throughout class.
- Set up and put away equipment as needed. Ensure studio is clean and organized after class.
- Report class participation numbers after each class.
Yoga Instructor Private Students January 2017 – Present
Instruct students of all levels and all abilities in the safe way to access all poses for their practice. Work with pregnant students, deaf students, and students with injuries to move prana for physical and emotional benefit.
Training and Lineage
Yoga Teacher Continuing Education February 2017 –Present Iyengar 101: 6-Week Master Class on Iyengar Yoga’s Legendary Poses and Principles
Studied a deeper exploration of major Iyengar poses in an online format with Senior Iyengar teacher Carrie Owerko. Produced by Yoga Journal.
Yoga Teacher Continuing Education—Finding Depth in the Basics San Marcos School of Yoga January 2017 – Present
Attended a six-week online series that explored the basic standing poses and ways to make them both more accessible and more interesting for both advanced and beginning students. Included 6 hours of remote study with Christina Sell.
Yoga Teacher Trainee Practice Yoga Austin September 2016 – December 2016
Attended a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified training at one of the top-rated studios in Austin. Learned Iyengar alignment based principals, anatomy, philosophy, meditation techniques, sequencing, hands-on assists, modifications and prop work. Did 8 hours of assists and observations in order to complete certification. Trained under Christina Sell, Kiely Rutledge, Rey Cardenas, Shanti Kelley, and other tremendously skilled teachers.